Senior QA Engineer
Department: Product Development
Role: Senior QA Engineer
Aspenware provides world-class technology solutions for dozens of ski resorts & other technology partners in North America and around the world. We design, develop, and implement cutting-edge commerce and resort technology solutions that enhance multiple phases of the guest lifecycle. As a Senior QA Engineer on the product development team, you will be responsible for developing and executing software quality assurance procedures to ensure that the developed products perform, with minimal defects, the functions they were designed to perform. You must be a self-starter who can work on a high-velocity team and who has a desire to improve your skills every day. Team members who take pride in their work and let that passion show every day will find themselves at home at Aspenware. Responsibilities may include visiting ski resorts to have gondola and ski meetings from time to time.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure the overall quality of Aspenware’s product suite.
- Engage and interact frequently with a team that may include Client Stakeholders, Project Managers, Designers, Business Analysts, Software Architects, and Developers
- Work closely with product management to ensure that you understand business requirements
- Work closely with software developers to provide fast, iterative feedback and testing results at various stages of the development lifecycle
- Translate business requirements into testing scripts and procedures
- Carry out manual tests to certify that development tasks meet their stated objectives without defects. This includes integration testing, end-to-end testing, acceptance testing, and performance testing.
- Develop and execute regression testing methodologies that test the entire scope of a software product or a subset of functionality within that product
- Field reported defects from the services team. Work to recreate them and pass them to product managers for consideration in the product development backlog.
- Contribute to technical documentation writing related to features you have tested
- Explore QA automation techniques for eventual implementation
Who You Are:
- You can quickly understand complex software systems and software documentation. You understand how new business objectives fit into the larger picture.
- You are passionate about ensuring high levels of product quality that meet or exceed stated business objectives
- You are detail-oriented — you notice subtle deviations from business objectives and suggest solutions
- You are a self-starter who is able to develop and implement new procedures
- You love working on a team day in and day out, working closely with developers to provide fast feedback, early in the development process
- You have advanced writing skills and are able to convey product functionality and configuration requirements in writing
- You love sharing your knowledge and are willing to be mentored by those who have developed experience in areas new to you
- You love working with and learning from team members
- Minimum of 3+ years software QA Experience
- Minimum 2+ years experience with ski industry software such as Aspenware Commerce, RTP|ONE, or Siriusware
- Experience writing manual software testing scripts
- Experience with iterative testing that focuses on high-value testing first
- Ability to develop and implement software testing standards that markedly increase software quality
- Proven ability to quickly understand and work with complex software systems
- Proven technical aptitude with web-based software applications
- An understanding of software workflows and how they translate to the real world
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to meet project timelines and budgets
- Ability to collaborate with peers on a project to meet project/product needs
Preferred/Nice-to-have Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Jira and other Atlassian software
- Experience working with software specifically designed for ski resorts
- Ecommerce software experience
- Experience with integration testing, end-to-end testing, acceptance testing, and performance testing.
- Ability to be customer facing from time to time.
- QA Automation experience with suites such as Selenium
- SQL knowledge. Understand basic queries, able to learn database schemas, and knowledge of SQL Profile/SQL traces.
- Experience reading and understand error logs and stack traces.
- Skier/snowboarder/mountain lover
You’ll Love Working at Aspenware Because:
Aspenware is a small but established software company focused on building cutting-edge solutions for the ski industry. We’ve been around for nearly 20 years and are incredibly proud of what we’ve built together. The ski-industry is a fun and laid-back industry that we have found our home in. The resorts we work with love and trust in the innovation and thought leadership that Aspenware provides. We’re looking for someone to join our team of smart, fun individuals who take ownership and aren’t afraid to innovate and grow. You’ll love working at Aspenware because we…
- Are a successful, fast-paced software company that celebrates innovation, leadership, and creativity
- Are passionate about designing and developing solutions that help the ski industry to thrive
- Provide catered lunch on Tuesdays and bagels weekly
- Downtown Denver working environment (right off the Cherry Creek bike trail)
- Offer competitive pay, benefits including great insurance, flexible time off, and 401K matching
- Get to be creative every day
- Believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- Are small and flexible and support our staffs’ ability to grow quickly in their careers and abilities
Apply for this Job