Senior Front-End Developer (VueJS)
Who We Are:
Aspenware works with ski resorts and other technology partners in North America and around the world designing, developing, and implementing cutting-edge commerce and resort solutions for the ski industry. We are a well-established team who values continual learning and going beyond our comfort zones. The resorts we work with love and trust in the innovation and thought leadership that Aspenware provides.
We hire problem-solvers who are generous with their creativity and pride themselves on thinking out of the box to bring new solutions to the table and the mountain. We also really like hanging out with each other and getting involved in the community. When we aren’t collaborating as a team, you will probably find us hitting the slopes in the winter, hiking the trail in the summer, running marathons, indulging our foodie hobbies out on the town, brewing and tasting beer, or traveling the world.
Aspenware’s Core Values:
- Dependable: We take ownership. We are accountable and adaptable. We have a can-do attitude and are willing to pivot.
- Innovative: We are thought leaders who bring creativity and a desire for innovation to everything we do. We are continually improving ourselves and our surroundings.
- Talented: We are smart and good at what we do. We are focused, confident, and we get stuff done using a combination of our abilities and resourcefulness.
- Caring: We care about our co-workers and our clients. We are mindful of and inspired by the impact our work has on our communities.
What You Will Do:
As a Senior Front-End Developer on the product development team, you’ll be responsible for interpreting complex business requirements and translating them into world-class web and software applications. You must be a self-starter who can work on a high-velocity team and who has a desire to improve your skills every day. Team members who take pride in their work and let that passion show every day will find themselves at home at Aspenware. Responsibilities may include visiting ski resorts to having gondola and ski meetings from time to time as well.
- Engage and interact frequently with a team that may include Client Stakeholders, Project Managers, Designers, Business Analysts, Architects, and other Developers
- Translate business requirements into systems design and clean code
- Develop software solutions iteratively and incrementally
- Actively work with the services team to understand customer needs and help build strong relationships with our clients
- Build clean, reusable components with VueJS
- Implement styles using CSS
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about building a user experience that is innovative and delightful
- You love sharing your knowledge and are willing to be mentored by those who have developed experience in areas new to you
- You are detail-oriented — you notice subtle UI/UX issues and care about fixing them
- You love the front-end space and stay up to date with the latest developments
- You love working with, collaborating and learning from your team members
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years front-end web development experience
- Demonstrated experience in VueJS required
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS and pre-processing platforms such as SASS
Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- An interest in design – UI/UX and user flows
- Ability to meet project timelines and budgets
- Ability to collaborate with peers on a project to meet project and product needs
Preferred/Nice-to-have Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity working in an Agile and/or ShapeUp environment
- Understanding of building front-end code for .NET Web Applications (including the Razor templating engine)
- Experience working further down the stack would be great although you do not need to be a full stack developer
- Passion for writing elegant UI display code (not just relying on frameworks like BootStrap)
- Test-driven development and unit testing
- Ecommerce and other commerce development experience.
- Ability to be customer-facing from time to time
- A love for the outdoors and the mountain sports
Salary Range: $118,000 to $140,000
Apply for this Job