Senior DevOps Engineer (Azure)
Who We Are:
Aspenware works with ski resorts and other technology partners in North America and around the world designing, developing, and implementing cutting-edge commerce and resort solutions for the ski industry. We are a well-established team who values continual learning and going beyond our comfort zones. The resorts we work with love and trust in the innovation and thought leadership that Aspenware provides.
We hire problem-solvers who are generous with their creativity and pride themselves on thinking out of the box to bring new solutions to the table and the mountain. We also really like hanging out with each other and getting involved in the community. When we aren’t collaborating as a team, you will probably find us hitting the slopes in the winter, hiking the trail in the summer, running marathons, indulging our foodie hobbies out on the town, brewing and tasting beer, or traveling the world.
Aspenware’s Core Values:
- Dependable: We take ownership. We are accountable and adaptable. We have a can-do attitude and are willing to pivot.
- Innovative: We are thought leaders who bring creativity and a desire for innovation to everything we do. We are continually improving ourselves and our surroundings.
- Talented: We are smart and good at what we do. We are focused, confident, and we get stuff done using a combination of our abilities and resourcefulness.
- Caring: We care about our co-workers and our clients. We are mindful of and inspired by the impact our work has on our communities.
What You Will Do:
As an Azure DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting and implementing CI/CD pipelines in order to deploy and operate software systems. Your primary focus will be the migration from Ad Hoc Azure deployments, a partial CI/CD solution, and a partial security solution, to Infrastructure as Code, standardized CI/CD practices, and comprehensive security policies for Azure subscriptions, web applications, and resources.
- Administer Azure subscriptions, web applications, function apps, VMs, and other resource groups and resources in the 50-100 server range spread across a variety of web applications, SQL databases, and applications with multiple environments for each
- Transition from Ad Hoc deployment and partial CI/CD solutions to mature, standardized practices
- Software engineering and configuration management for cloud release and deployment, including backup and disaster recovery
- Suggest and Implement proper tooling around monitoring/logging to enhance visibility into production applications
- Suggest and Implement comprehensive, proactive, and continuously monitored security policies
Create CI/CD pipelines for both backend and frontend projects using Azure DevOps
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience with Azure and Azure DevOps
- Advanced understanding of public cloud networking, security, Identity Management, and Access Management
- Experience with source control and deployments (Bitbucket preferred)
- Experience with automation/configuration management (e.g., Git, Cake, Jenkins, Octopus, Puppet, OpenShift, or similar)
- Experience with integration and service frameworks, Microservices, and RESTful API development
- Experience with SQL (Azure and on-prem)
- Containerization experience preferred (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins)
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile and/or Shape Up
- Ability to quickly learn and stay up to date on new tools and technology
- Advanced time management skills/ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Salary Range: $110,000 to $140,000
Apply for this Job