Senior DevOps Engineer (Azure)
Location: Denver, CO or Remote
This person reports to: DevOps Manager
Who We Are:
Aspenware empowers mountain resorts and ski areas to deliver the ideal digital guest experience. Our guest-facing ecommerce and registration software is the most capable in the industry and is used by millions of skiers and processes hundreds of millions of dollars in sales annually. The resorts we work with love and trust in the innovation and thought leadership that Aspenware provides.
We are a talented and high-performing team and welcome the opportunity to learn from one another.
Aspenware makes hiring decisions based on how well candidates align with our Core Values. Aspenware employees are…
Dependable: We take ownership. We are accountable and adaptable. We have a can-do attitude and are willing to pivot.
Innovative: We are thought leaders who bring creativity and a desire for innovation to everything we do. We are continually improving ourselves and our surroundings.
Talented: We are smart and good at what we do. We are focused, confident, and we get stuff done using a combination of our abilities and resourcefulness.
Caring: We care about our co-workers and our clients. We are mindful of and inspired by the impact our work has on our communities.
What You Will Do:
- Administer Azure resources for multiple internal and external customers spread across a variety of web applications and SQL databases with multiple environments for each.
- Continue to transition from ad hoc deployment and partial CI/CD solutions to mature, standardized practices
- Software lifecycle and configuration management for cloud release and deployment, including backup and disaster recovery
- Suggest and implement proper tooling around monitoring/logging to enhance visibility into production applications
- Suggest and implement comprehensive, proactive, and continuously monitored security policies
- Create and manage CI/CD pipelines for both backend and frontend projects using Azure DevOps
- Advanced scripting experience with PowerShell or equivalent
Who You Are:
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technology
- Advanced understanding of software development and research tools
- Attention to detail and results-oriented, with a strong customer focus
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Problem-solving and technical communication skills
- Advanced time management skills/ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
Ideally this person has:
- Advanced understanding of public cloud networking, security, Identity management, and access management (Azure preferred)
- Experience with CI/CD tools and platforms. (Minimum 4 years or more. Azure DevOps preferred)
- Experience with source control systems (Bitbucket and GitFlow preferred)
- Experience with automation/configuration management (e.g., Git, PowerShell, Bash, Bicep, ARM, Terraform, or similar)
- Experience with integration and service frameworks, Microservices, and RESTful API development
- Experience with database technologies (SQL Server, Cosmos, MySQL, and Postgres)
- Containerization experience preferred (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile
What’s In It for You:
- 4 weeks of PTO to start and increases with seniority
- 8 paid holidays
- 6 days of sick time
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary parents
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k plan with a 5% match
- Annual all-company ski day
- National Park Pass for the entirety of your employment
- Flexible work environment – work from home or the office!
Salary: the salary range for this position is $130,000.00-150,000.00
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate salary range is listed above. The actual offer will be determined by various factors including experience, skills, and internal equity among our team.
Aspenware provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
Apply for this Job
Fields marked with a (*) are required.