Senior Business Analyst
Who We Are:
Aspenware works with ski resorts and other technology partners in North America and around the world designing, developing, and implementing cutting-edge commerce and resort solutions for the ski industry. We are a well-established team who values continual learning and going beyond our comfort zones. The resorts we work with love and trust in the innovation and thought leadership that Aspenware provides.
We hire problem-solvers who are generous with their creativity and pride themselves on thinking out of the box to bring new solutions to the table and the mountain. We also really like hanging out with each other and getting involved in the community. When we aren’t collaborating as a team, you will probably find us hitting the slopes in the winter, hiking the trail in the summer, running marathons, indulging our foodie hobbies out on the town, brewing and tasting beer, or traveling the world.
Aspenware makes hiring decisions based on how well candidates align with our Core Values. Aspenware employees are…
Dependable: We take ownership. We are accountable and adaptable. We have a can-do attitude and are willing to pivot.
Innovative: We are thought leaders who bring creativity and a desire for innovation to everything we do. We are continually improving ourselves and our surroundings.
Talented: We are smart and good at what we do. We are focused, confident, and we get stuff done using a combination of our abilities and resourcefulness.
Caring: We care about our co-workers and our clients. We are mindful of and inspired by the impact our work has on our communities.
What You Will Do:
As a Senior Business Analyst on the product development team, you’ll be responsible for interpreting complex business requirements and translating them into world-class web and software applications. You will be project managing development teams to ensure that that development projects are completed on time and meet the original requirements. You must be a self-starter who can work on a high-velocity team and who has a desire to improve your skills every day. Team members who take pride in their work and let that passion show every day will find themselves at home at Aspenware.
Responsibilities may include visiting ski resorts to have gondola and ski meetings from time to time as well.
- Act as a “business owner” on the development of business, functional, and technical requirements related to Aspenware applications, including facilitation of business stakeholders and preparation of wireframes, functional specifications, use cases and other documentation.
- Engage and interact frequently with a team that may include Aspenware Leadership, Client Stakeholders, Project Managers, Designers, Developers, Architects, and other Business Analysts responding to evolving business requirements and determining how technologies will continually assist these needs.
- Project Management of a development team to keep the team moving forward, removing blockers and meeting deadlines.
- Manage QA life cycle of new development projects by developing test plans and test scripts, documenting test results, and reporting on results while coordinating usage of test environments.
- Create user documentation such as release guides and detailed release notes related to new product features.
- Participate in product management tasks including roadmap development, evaluation and research
- Provide operational support for product applications, utilizing the Confluence and Jira systems, including weekend on-call support on a rotational basis
- Perform ongoing support and maintenance tasks as well as routine annual duties
- Troubleshoot system issues and provide data to the user community as requested
- Participate and/or lead focus groups to solicit user feedback based on current system usage and desired future system enhancement
- Provide communication and training as required to key stakeholders/users on new system functionality, releases, and fixes
- Strong communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Proven track record using analytical and problem-solving skills
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of Professional Business Analyst experience or equivalent
- Software Quality Assurance experience preferably with test tracking and automation tools like X-Ray or TestRail
- Project management experience
- Familiarity working in an Agile/Scrum and/or Shape Up software development processes
- Advanced aptitude with MS Office, Visio, PowerPoint
- Experience with Ski Industry software such as RPOS, RTP|One, Siriusware, Axess POS. Expert level experience with one or more of these applications preferred.
- Experience with MS Development Technologies, including .Net, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with peers on a project to meet project and product needs
- Requirements gathering and documentation skills
- Process and technical writing skills
- Ability to meet project timelines and budgets
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Proven organizational and time- management skills
- Excellent Communication skills-
- Ecommerce and other commerce development experience.
- Ability to be customer-facing on a regular basis
- A love for the outdoors and the mountain sports
Salary Range: $90,000 to $115,000
Apply for this Job