Product Release Manager
As a Release Manager on the product management team, you’ll be highly engaged and interact frequently with Aspenware Leadership, Services, Customers, Developers, QA Analysts and Business Analysts to continuously respond to evolving priorities and requirements.
You’ll report to the VP of Product Management and Service. You’ll be responsible for coordinating the resolution of production issues (including software defects) and short-term projects – known as tactical work. In addition, you’ll be responsible for ensuring release readiness, testing, communication of features and fixes, and coordinating test and beta deployments to customer and internal sites.
As part of release management, you’ll be responsible for managing QA teams and ensuring releases are regression tested.
Who We Are:
Aspenware works with ski resorts and other technology partners in North America and around the world designing, developing, and implementing cutting-edge commerce and resort solutions for the ski industry. We are a well-established team who values continual learning and going beyond our comfort zones. The resorts we work with love and trust in the innovation and thought leadership that Aspenware provides.
We hire problem-solvers who are generous with their creativity and pride themselves on thinking out of the box to bring new solutions to the table and the mountain. We also really like hanging out with each other and getting involved in the community. When we aren’t collaborating as a team, you will probably find us hitting the slopes in the winter, hiking the trail in the summer, running marathons, indulging our foodie hobbies out on the town, brewing and tasting beer, or travelling the world.
Aspenware makes hiring decisions based on how well candidates align with our Core Values. Aspenware employees are…
Dependable: We take ownership. We are accountable and adaptable. We have a can-do attitude and are willing to pivot.
Innovative: We are thought leaders who bring creativity and a desire for innovation to everything we do. We are continually improving ourselves and our surroundings.
Talented: We are smart and good at what we do. We are focused, confident, and we get stuff done using a combination of our abilities and resourcefulness.
Caring: We care about our co-workers and our clients. We are mindful of and inspired by the impact our work has on our communities.
What You Will Do:
Tactical Work Management
- Triage reported production issues daily with service representative and
leadership when necessary, prioritizing work and ensuring service level
guidelines are upheld.
- Respond to urgent defects as they are reported.
- Ensure documentation for upcoming releases is thorough and folded back into
core documentation, which includes writing release notes and reviewing release
- Work management/assignment in JIRA and issue reproduction in internal
environments when necessary.
- Provide communication and training as required to key stakeholders/users on
releases, and defect fixes.
- Work management of some DevOps tasks to ensure that internal and customer
test environments are updated for development, beta and smoke testing, which
includes initiating releases for testing purposes, as well as updating some basic
configuration files to facilitate testing and release readiness.
- JIRA administration, including board and project management, creating and
- Ensure internal environments used for regression testing, demoing, and
development are kept up to date and are representative of both customer
configurations and newly released features.
- Quality Assurance of Releases
- Direct the overall effort for developing test plans and test scripts, documenting
test results, and reporting on results to ensure releases are thoroughly tested.
- Coordinate the development and usage of test, demo, and development
- Train and support the QA team to deeply learn Aspenware product configuration.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- 5+ years product management, business analysis, customer service in the
- 1-3 years of management experience
- Software Quality Assurance testing experience
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Process improvement experience
- Familiarity working in an Agile/Scrum and/or Shape Up software development
- Admin experience in JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Ski Industry software such as RPOS, RTP|One, Siriusware,
Axess POS, and SkiData
- Ability to collaborate with peers on a project to meet project and product needs
- Requirements gathering and documentation skills
- Process and technical writing skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 401(k) matching
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid time off (15 days/yr) (20 days/yr after 2nd anniversary)
- Sick leave
- Optional remote work
- In office snacks and beverages provided
- In office meal catering once a week (Post COVID)
Salary Range: $85,000 to $115,000
Aspenware provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply for this Job
Fields marked with a (*) are required.