Manual QA Engineer
Location: Denver, CO or Remote
This person reports to: Product Release Manager
Who We Are:
Aspenware empowers mountain resorts and ski areas to deliver the ideal digital guest experience. Our guest-facing ecommerce and registration software is the most capable in the industry and is used by millions of skiers and processes hundreds of millions of dollars in sales annually. The resorts we work with love and trust in the innovation and thought leadership that Aspenware provides.
We are a talented and high-performing team and welcome the opportunity to learn from one another.
Aspenware makes hiring decisions based on how well candidates align with our Core Values. Aspenware employees are…
Dependable: We take ownership. We are accountable and adaptable. We have a can-do attitude and are willing to pivot.
Innovative: We are thought leaders who bring creativity and a desire for innovation to everything we do. We are continually improving ourselves and our surroundings.
Talented: We are smart and good at what we do. We are focused, confident, and we get stuff done using a combination of our abilities and resourcefulness.
Caring: We care about our co-workers and our clients. We are mindful of and inspired by the impact our work has on our communities.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure the overall quality of Aspenware’s product suite.
- Engage and interact frequently with a team that may include Client Stakeholders, Project Managers, Designers, Business Analysts, Software Architects, and Developers
- Work closely with product management to ensure that you understand business requirements
- Work closely with software developers to provide fast, iterative feedback and testing results at various stages of the development lifecycle
- Translate business requirements into testing scripts and procedures
- Carry out manual tests to certify that development tasks meet their stated objectives without defects. This includes integration testing, end-to-end testing, acceptance testing, and performance testing.
- Develop and execute regression testing methodologies that test the entire scope of a software product or a subset of functionality within that product
- Field reported defects from the services team. Work to recreate them and pass them to product managers for consideration in the product development backlog.
- Contribute to technical documentation writing related to features you have tested
- Explore QA automation techniques for eventual implementation
Who You Are:
- You can quickly understand complex software systems and software documentation. You understand how new business objectives fit into the larger picture.
- You are passionate about ensuring high levels of product quality that meet or exceed stated business objectives
- You are detail-oriented — you notice subtle deviations from business objectives and suggest solutions
- You are a self-starter who can develop and implement new procedures
- You love working on a team day in and day out, working closely with developers to provide fast feedback, early in the development process
- You have advanced writing skills and can convey product functionality and configuration requirements in writing
- You love sharing your knowledge and are willing to be mentored by those who have developed experience in areas new to you
- You love working with and learning from team members
- You are flexible and can task switch with a positive attitude
Ideally this person has:
- Minimum of 3+ years software QA Experience
- Minimum 2+ years experience with CRM software/inventory fulfillment
- Experience with Jira and other Atlassian software
- SQL knowledge. Understand basic queries, able to learn database schemas, and knowledge of SQL Profile/SQL traces.
- Experience writing manual software testing scripts
- Experience with iterative testing that focuses on high-value testing first
- Ability to develop and implement software testing standards that markedly increase software quality
- Proven ability to quickly understand and work with complex software systems
- Proven technical aptitude with web-based software applications
- An understanding of software workflows and how they translate to the real world
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to meet project timelines and budgets
- Ability to collaborate with peers on a project to meet project/product needs
- Familiarity with working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with software specifically designed for ski resorts
- Ecommerce software experience
- Experience with integration testing, end-to-end testing, acceptance testing, and performance testing
- Ability to be customer facing from time to time
- QA Automation experience with suites such as Selenium
- Experience reading and understanding error logs and stack traces
- Skier/snowboarder/mountain lover
What’s In It for You:
- 4 weeks of PTO to start and increases with seniority
- 8 paid holidays
- 6 days of sick time
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary parents
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k plan with a 5% match
- Annual all-company ski day
- National Park Pass for the entirety of your employment
- Flexible work environment – work from home or the office!
Salary: the salary range for this position is $80,000.00-$95,000.00
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate salary range is listed above. The actual offer will be determined by various factors including experience, skills, and internal equity among our team.
Aspenware provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
Apply for this Job
Fields marked with a (*) are required.