Customer Success Specialist
As a Customer Success Specialist, you’ll be a key contributor on the Client Success team. Your role as a leader and guide to our clients will be highly important as you work directly with ski resorts and their teams on product builds, business innovation and enhancements.
You’ll work directly with customers and effectively support other members of the service team in servicing our customers. This position reports to the Manager of Customer Service. You must be a self-starter who can work independently on a high-velocity team.
This person should have a desire to improve their skills every day and share those with their team. Team members who take pride in their work and let that passion show every day will find themselves at home with Aspenware.
Who We Are:
Aspenware works with ski resorts and other technology partners in North America and around the world designing, developing, and implementing cutting-edge commerce and resort solutions for the ski industry. We are a well-established team who values continual learning and going beyond our comfort zones. The resorts we work with love and trust in the innovation and thought leadership that Aspenware provides.
We hire problem-solvers who are generous with their creativity and pride themselves on thinking out of the box to bring new solutions to the table and the mountain. We also really like hanging out with each other and getting involved in the community. When we aren’t collaborating as a team, you will probably find us hitting the slopes in the winter, hiking the trail in the summer, running marathons, indulging our foodie hobbies out on the town, brewing and tasting beer, or travelling the world.
Aspenware makes hiring decisions based on how well candidates align with our Core Values. Aspenware employees are…
Dependable: We take ownership. We are accountable and adaptable. We have a can-do attitude and are willing to pivot.
Innovative: We are thought leaders who bring creativity and a desire for innovation to everything we do. We are continually improving ourselves and our surroundings.
Talented: We are smart and good at what we do. We are focused, confident, and we get stuff done using a combination of our abilities and resourcefulness.
Caring: We care about our co-workers and our clients. We are mindful of and inspired by the impact our work has on our communities.
What You Will Do:
Tactical Work Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Work directly with ski resorts and their teams (e.g., guest service, rental, lessons, ticketing, etc.) during the maintenance and upgrade phases of their Aspenware customer journey.
- Inspire and brainstorm with our ski resort customers on ways to use Aspenware’s platforms more effectively for their growing, changing businesses. This includes finding creative new ways to sell and package products, attract new customers, use data in helpful ways, and improve overall resort and online guest experiences.
- As upgrades are ready for resorts, you will prepare resorts for upgrades through training, coordinating pushes, and troubleshooting issues.
- Retain and grow in ski industry, hospitality, and e-commerce expertise.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and work with customers to resolve support issues, such as answering questions about using the product, helping set up ski products for an upcoming season or sale, responding to defect reports, feature requests, and other suggestions/thoughts from customers.
- Respond to and troubleshoot customer support tickets in the helpdesk portal, adhering to customer service level agreements.
- Responsible for participating in on-call rotation to respond to and escalate P1 helpdesk issues submitted outside of business hours.
- Work with the product team and other team members, to help solve support requests with excellence.
- As upgrades are ready for existing resort customers, work with resorts to prepare for upgrades, through training, coordinating pushes, and troubleshooting issues.
- Technical troubleshooting tasks, such as researching setup issues in back-end Ski POS systems and possibly querying databases to troubleshoot support issues.
- Support in creating tools that help resorts find the answers they are looking for more quickly, such as training, solutions, documents, knowledge base articles, and help documentation.
- Bring your perspective and learning’s back to the service team to help improve processes.
Service Liaison for Development Projects
- From time to time, you will work with the product team to make sure development projects are on track for customer timelines, they are feature-rich, and are able to be successful within the resort’s environment.
- Analyze customer’s business requirements and needs and be able to translate and communicate requirements into technical requirements to the product and development teams.
- Track progress on development tasks and create momentum to ensure customer deadlines are met or adequately adjusted based on development timelines.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Desire to work with people and solving problems
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- 3+ years customer service and/or technology experience
- Excellent organization skills
- Process improvement experience
- Proven ability to build strong trusted relationships with customers
- Positive perspective and care about our customers
- Experience with complex software
- Experience with conflict negotiation in a business setting
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Nice to have some experience in the ski and hospitality industries
- Nice to have some experience with Point of Sale integrations
- Nice to have some SQL Skills
- 4 weeks of PTO to start and increases with seniority
- 9 paid holidays
- 6 days of sick time
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary parents
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k plan with a 5% match
- $60 monthly cell-phone stipend
- Annual all-company ski day
- National Park Pass for the entirety of your employment
- Generous gift cards for any on-call shift worked
- Flexible work environment – work from home or the office!
Apply for this Job
Fields marked with a (*) are required.