Business Development Manager
Location: Denver, CO or Remote
This person reports to: VP of Business Development
Who We Are:
Aspenware empowers mountain resorts and ski areas to deliver the ideal digital guest experience. Our guest-facing ecommerce and registration software is the most capable in the industry and is used by millions of skiers and processes hundreds of millions of dollars in sales annually. The resorts we work with love and trust in the innovation and thought leadership that Aspenware provides.
We are a talented and high-performing team and welcome the opportunity to learn from one another.
Aspenware makes hiring decisions based on how well candidates align with our Core Values. Aspenware employees are…
Dependable: We take ownership. We are accountable and adaptable. We have a can-do attitude and are willing to pivot.
Innovative: We are thought leaders who bring creativity and a desire for innovation to everything we do. We are continually improving ourselves and our surroundings.
Talented: We are smart and good at what we do. We are focused, confident, and we get stuff done using a combination of our abilities and resourcefulness.
Caring: We care about our co-workers and our clients. We are mindful of and inspired by the impact our work has on our communities.
What You Will Do:
We are looking for a driven, enterprising Business Development Manager to join our high-performing team. You will source, find, and close new customers to use our custom software solutions at their ski resorts and mountain destinations. You will be responsible for managing a book of business and proactively reaching out to ensure client satisfaction/retention while continuously acquiring and closing new business. You may also work with existing customers to maintain and grow those relationships. Gondola laps with prospective customers are highly encouraged. Bonus points for you if it’s a powder day.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the full sales cycle including acquiring, developing, nurturing, and closing on new customers.
- Uncover new sales opportunities through networking and cold outreach using an established contact list we haven’t tapped into yet.
- Build rapport and trust with customers. Work collaboratively and come alongside them to offer solutions that take their entire business and its challenges to heart.
- Work with existing customers to foster relationships, offer incremental products and services, and maintain and renew contracts and agreements
- Present demos on Aspenware’s products to prospective customers, both onsite and online.
- Be a subject matter expert in Aspenware’s product line. Learn the ins and outs of ski industry technology.
- Work alongside other team members including implementation managers and executive leadership throughout the sales cycle.
- Positively represent Aspenware in all interactions and at all events.
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Secondarily to sales and account management duties:
- Work to gain and grow understanding of ski industry technology needs and trends
- Create marketing collateral to support your sales endeavors (demo decks, flat sheets, lead generation emails, SWAG, articles for our website and social posts).
- Assist with development of marketing strategies and marketing plan execution
- Willingness to step in and help where needed.
- Up to 25% travel within North America is required. 1-2 international trips per year may be required. Travel will include various events including customer onsite visits and demos, trade shows and conferences.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has proven success in bringing on new business, hitting sales quotas and loves the challenges that come with outbound prospecting. You must have experience in the ski and mountain resort industry.
Ideally this person has:
- 5+ years of sales or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of software sales experience
- Marketing experience
- Ski industry technology experience
- You’re patient and comfortable with both short and long sales cycles. You may work with some accounts over many months to reach a solution that meets their needs. Tenacity will be crucial.
- The ability to articulate and sell the value of a highly technical product to a non-technical audience
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to negotiate, problem-solve and build relationships.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Knowledge of current marketing and advertising trends and best practices.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrable business acumen and a deep understanding of business sales processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in programs including PowerPoint, MS Office, and Excel.
- E-commerce sales experience
- Experience with Siriusware
- Experience with RTP|One
- Experience with Property Management systems.
- Marketing and Account Management experience.
What’s In It for You:
- 4 weeks of PTO to start and increases with seniority
- 8 paid holidays
- 6 days of sick time
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary parents
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k plan with a 5% match
- Annual all-company ski day
- National Park Pass for the entirety of your employment
- Flexible work environment – work from home or the office!
Salary: the salary range for this position is $80,000.00 – $90,000.00 plus sales incentives.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate salary range is listed above. The actual offer will be determined by various factors including experience, skills, and internal equity among our team.
Aspenware provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
Apply for this Job
Fields marked with a (*) are required.