Role: Account Executive
Reports to: SVP
Who We Are:
Aspenware provides world-class technology solutions for dozens of ski resorts & other technology partners in North America and around the world. We design, develop, and implement cutting-edge commerce and resort technology solutions that enhance multiple phases of the guest lifecycle. We approach our work with a work-hard, play-hard mentality. We stand apart as innovators who understand the value that software can bring to a mountain resort to create the most efficient, seamless and memorable guest experience possible.
What You Will Do:
We are looking for a driven, enterprising Account Executive to join our high-performing team. You will source, find, and close new customers to use our custom software solutions at their ski resorts and mountain destinations. You will be responsible for managing a book of business and proactively reaching out to ensure client satisfaction/retention while continuously acquiring and closing new business. Gondola laps with prospective customers are highly encouraged. Bonus points for you if it’s a powder day.
Some responsibilities may include:
- Manage the full sales cycle including acquiring, developing, nurturing, and closing on new customers.
- Uncover new sales opportunities through networking and cold outreach using an established contact list we haven’t tapped into yet.
- Build rapport and trust with customers. Work collaboratively and come alongside them to offer solutions that take their entire business and its challenges to heart.
- Present demos collaboratively with Sales Engineers on Aspenware’s product to prospective customers, both onsite and online.
- Be a subject matter expert in Aspenware’s product line. Learn the ins and outs of ski industry technology.
- Work alongside other team members including Sales Engineers and executive leadership throughout the sales cycle.
- Positively represent Aspenware in all interactions and at all events.
- 25% travel within North America is required. 1-2 international trips per year may be required. Travel will include various events including customer onsite visits and demos, trade shows and conferences.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has proven success in bringing on new business, hitting sales quotas and loves the challenges that come with outbound prospecting. It would be great if you have an interest in skiing/snowboarding since that is the nature of the product you’ll be selling.
- 3-5 years of sales experience is required
- At least 2 years of software sales experience is required
- You’re patient and comfortable with both short and long sales cycles. You may work with some accounts over many months to reach a solution that meets their needs. Tenacity will be crucial.
- The ability to articulate and sell the value of a highly technical product to a non-technical audience
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to negotiate, problem-solve and build relationships.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Knowledge of current marketing and advertising trends and best practices.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrable business acumen and a deep understanding of business sales processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in programs including PowerPoint, MS Office, and Excel.
Bonus points if you have:
- Ski industry sales or other ski experience
- Experience with ski industry software
- e-commerce sales experience
- Experience with Siriusware
You’ll Love Working at Aspenware Because:
Aspenware is a small but established software company focused on building cutting-edge solutions for the ski industry. We’ve been around for nearly 20 years and are incredibly proud of what we’ve built together. The ski-industry is a fun and laid-back industry that we have found our home in. The resorts we work with love and trust in the innovation and thought leadership that Aspenware provides. We’re looking for someone to join our team of smart, fun individuals who take ownership and aren’t afraid to innovate and grow. You’ll love working at Aspenware because we…
- are a successful, fast-paced software company that celebrates innovation, leadership, and creativity
- are passionate about designing and developing solutions that help the ski industry to thrive
- cater lunch on Tuesdays, plus provide a breakroom full of snacks and drinks, and we often provide additional snacks such as bagels
- provide fun outings multiple times a year, such as Coors Field, TopGolf, or even a ski weekend!
- are located in downtown Denver, which is an ideal location (right off the Cherry Creek bike trail)
- offer competitive pay and benefits, including great insurance, flexible time off, and 401K matching
Apply for this Job